- Home Page
- About Zhijiang
- Schools & Departments
- Academic & Research
- Life @ ZJC
The School of China Travel (Tourism) (SCT for short) was established in the co-operation between Zhijiang College and China Travel Service Zhejiang Group Co., LD. ( CTSZG for short) in March 2011. It is an innovative attempt to cultivate personnel by joint efforts between this college and an enterprise in Zhejiang province, which advocates “cooperation in education, teaching, employment and development”. CTSZG is not only a large-scale state-owned enterprise but a leading company of Zhejiang tourism industry, a platform with a most abundant resource. The predecessor of the SCT was the tourism management specialty, one of the earliest and most important majors opened up by Zhijiang College. At present, there are two majors (Tourism Management and Hotel Management) in SCT, and nearly 250 students and more than 20 full-time teachers. Among them, 10 of the teachers have senior professional titles, and more than 30% teachers have had the experience in enterprise practice and oversea studies. SCTS has also invited more than 10 managers at middle or senior professional level from CTSZG and some excellent hotels in Hangzhou to act as the part-time teachers. The teaching and research areas of our teachers cover nearly every field in the tourism and leisure activities. In the past three years, the faculty members have published 4 monographs and more than 50 articles in the some important academic journals, and completed nearly 30 bureau level projects, ten of which are at the provincial level. SCT has a scientific research institution of Zhejiang University of Technology, ‘Tourism and Leisure Research Center’. It is also one of the Zhejiang provincial tourism training bases and the professional certification’s exam and training sites. SCT sets up the first standardized travel agency in college, which serves as a “seamless joint” platform for the employment practice between the enterprise and the students.
The comprehensive experimental class of Tourism Management
—— This majoraims at cultivatingthe interdisciplinary talents with vocational adaptabilitythat the society and enterprise needed.
The characteristicsof this major:
1. Focus on the cultivation of vocational skills and innovation ability.To make the best utilization of the platform by the alliance between college and enterprise, CTS ZhejiangGroup CO.，LTD and more than 30 provincial practice teaching bases, provincial tourism training bases,emphasize on cultivating students’ vocational skills and innovation ability. To advocate ‘1+N certificate’ mode that is ‘diplomaandprofessional qualification certificate’. To enhance the students’ employment competion ability. To realize the ‘zero distance’ joint between talent cultivation and market and enterprise. According to the social demand, we foster the high-quality studentswho have the high moral character, reasonable knowledge structure, practical abilityand is fully creative.
2. Focus on the raisingof application ability offoreign language. To innovate the compound mode of ‘tourism and foreign language’ in the curriculum system, in order to double the percentage of English courses, as well as open the multinational foreign language practical courses such as Tourism Japanese, Tourism French and so on in the curriculum system. (The tourism English compound class takes 2 year times emphasizing to strengthen the comprehensive practice on the listening, speaking, reading and writing of the English). Stress on enhancing students’ foreign language application ability.
Tour conductor in travel agency of travelingabroad (boundary), foreign tour guide, salesmanagement work; management of scenic region ，sales，finance and development planning of the scenic spots; jobs of tourism e-commerce and network marketing, etc. As well as the jobs oftourism administration, scientific research and teaching in the tourism management department. The employment rate is above 98% in this 5 years and graduates are in great demand and highly praised by the employers for years.
—— this major aims at cultivating the high-end hotel professionals who have the strong vocational adaptability
The characteristics of this major:
1. Focus on the vocational adaptability. The curriculum systemfocuses on the theory teaching as well as the balance and unity of vocational adaptable teaching, emphasizing onfostering students' professional awareness and theskills. To carry out the training mode of ‘dynamic leading of the whole process’. To cultivate students’ professional interest, career quality and the potential of the career development. According to the social demand, wefoster the high-quality students who have the high moral character, reasonable knowledge structure, fully creative and practical ability.
2. ‘Peer-to-peer’ mode of talent cultivation. To utilize more than 20 domestic and foreign well-known first-class hotels (restaurants) and convention centers as the platform of the practice teaching base. To reinforce the interaction and cooperation of the alliance between college and enterprise as well as to cultivatetalents as required.
3. Focus on the internationalization. To draw on the successful experience of the professional education of both international and domestic hotel management. To cooperate with both domestic and oversea high-end hotel chain groups. In the curriculum system, innovating the mode of ‘hotel + foreign language’ and doubling the ratio of English courses (takes 2 year times emphasizing to strengthen the comprehensive practice on the listening, speaking, reading and writing of the English). Moreover, we setthe multinational foreign language practical courses such as Tourism Japanese, Tourism French and so on. To stress on enhancing students’ foreign language application ability and to cultivate the internationalized hotel management talents.
The graduates can engage in the related works in first-class hotels inside or outside the country, resort hotels, high-end catering enterprises, clubs, pubs, luxury cruises, international convention centers and airlines, etc. As well as engage in administrative works in the tourism management departments at all levels. The employment rate is above 98% in this 5 years and graduates are in great demandand highly praised by the employers for years.